Canyon District Voters headed to the polls back in November in support of a $283 million, tax-rate-neutral bond. This bond will be used to rebuild or remodel seven aging schools, build a new school to accommodate growth and remodel 18 elementary schools. The high schools will be built in phases as to allow them to remain in operation during construction. When Canyons School District was created, they acquired quite a few old buildings. The remodels of the elementary schools will allow better air quality and light into each classroom which will improve the learning environment. Like Canyons District Board of Education President, Sherril H. Taylor said, “this is such an exciting time for the District.”
Listed below are the Bond Projects:
- Rebuilds of Hillcrest and Brighton High Schools
- Rebuild of Union Middle School
- Remodel of Alta High School
- Rebuilds of Midvalley and Peruvian Park Elementary Schools
- New classroom wings at Corner Canyon High School
- Construction of New West Draper Elementary
- Office remodels of six elementary schools
- New windows, skylights for natural-light improvements at 18 elementary schools.
If you have any questions regarding these upcoming bond projects, contact us.
Information was provided by Canyons School District website.