It’s National Chocolate Chip Cookie day so we’re here to share one of our favorite chocolate chip recipes from See’s Candies.
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Bake Time: 10-11 Minutes
- ½ cup + 3 tbsp unsalted butter, cold & divided
- 1 ¾ cups + 2 tbsp unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 oz See’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Melt 3 tbsp of butter in saucepan over medium heat about 5 minutes, until bubbling and foaming. Once butter is amber color, transfer to a small bowl. Scrape the browned bits from the sauces pan into the bowl, too. Add 1 tsp cold water, and stir. Place bowl in freezer for 15 minutes to cool while you prepare other ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside until step 7.
- Place cold stick of butter and white sugar in mixer with paddle attachment. Start on low and mix for a few minutes, turning up the mixer to medium speed as butter softens and mixture becomes creamy.
- Remove cooled butter mixture from freezer and add brown sugar, whisking until combined (clumps together).
- Scrape down sides of mixing bowl and paddle, then add egg, vanilla and mixture of buttery brown sugar from step 5. Mix for about a minute until completely combines.
- Remove bowl from stand and pour in flour mixture. Stir with wooden spoon until flour incorporates and forms into dough. Stir in See’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips. Now you’re ready to bake!
- Place rounded tablespoons of dough two inches apart on parchment-lined cookie sheets. Bake in preheated oven 10-11 minutes or until edges are browned and centers no longer shiny. Let sit on cookie sheet for one minute then move to cooling racks.