1. Remove and get rid of clutter. This is easy to do by clearing of counter tops, dressers, nightstands and tables. Put that toaster and toothbrush holder in the cabinets. Only leave items such as decor out.
2. Clean, Scrub and Deodorize. It is extremely important that your home be clean. In addition to your normal cleaning, go the extra mile and take the time to wipe down walls, doors, door casings and floor boards. It is easy to do and will help your home to show that much better.
3. Pack up un-needed items. Get some boxes and pack up seasonal clothing and shoes. This will open up your closet.
4. Paint your walls neutral colors. It is easier for a buyer to envision their belongings in a home that has subtle neutral colors throughout.
5. Move furniture around. Grouping furniture together such as sofa’s, chairs and tables helps to give your rooms a bigger feel.
6. Add color to your home with decor, accessories and linens
7. Add additional lighting with lamps and make sure you have working light bulbs in all of your fixtures
8. Enhance the exterior of your home by putting a fresh coat of paint on your front door, casings and shutters. Trim bushes, trees and add some fresh mulch or bark. Remember, the front of your house is the first thing people will see when they come to see your home.